Food for Life 21 Day Kickstart - Series + Meals
Want to learn more about the science and reasons behind eating a whole food, plant-based diet and try it out for 21 days? Join us for a 21 Day Kickstart!
The Food for Life: Kickstart Your Health curriculum is based on the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)’s successful 21-Day Kickstart online program (21DayKickstart.org). The Kickstart program has helped over 200,000 people adopt a whole plant diet to reach their health goals.
A vegan diet of whole grains, beans, vegetables, and fruits can help prevent diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and other chronic diseases. According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, “Appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases.”
Depending on your perspective, the Kickstart is about losing weight, maintaining a healthy weight, or simply embracing an overall healthful diet. We start with not restricting the amount of food but rather choosing the right foods as the guiding principle for losing weight and staying healthy. The revelation is bolstered with clinical benefits such as lower cholesterol, better diabetes control, and lower blood pressure, as well as improvements in energy and mood.
The program starts with a kickoff class (open to everyone for just $5 to reserve spot), and the 21 days start a week later. This will give you time to plan and start experimenting with different foods.
The overall program includes:
- Five nutrition/demo classes (first one is $5 and open to public but preference given to those who have signed up for kickstart). Each class will also include time for Q & A.
- 36 Nature’s Plate Meals – for lunches and dinners + support and ideas on what else to eat
- Future Cooking or Nutrition Class voucher for $65 – can be used for any Nature’s Plate cooking class or Food for Life nutrition class hosted at Nature’s Plate
- Lifestyle assessment via email
- Private Facebook group monitored by us – we have found that these really help with getting questions answered quickly and with staying motivated.